Examples of Volunteering
- Delivering meals through services such as Meals on Wheels.
- Volunteer driver for a service organization e.g. an aged care facility.
- Volunteer animal carer for organisations e.g. RSPCA.
- Volunteering in emergency services e.g. Rural Bushfire Brigade.
- Calling elderly people who live alone to check on their welfare.
- Working in the canteen for a school, sporting or recreational group.
- Selling products to raise funds for research or a not for profit organization e.g. Cancer Council.
- Volunteering for a specific hobby group to assist new members and with administration etc.
- Providing support to a support group e.g. group for bereaved parents or alcoholics anonymous etc.
- Volunteering at your church or faith based youth groups.
- Volunteering for an environmental group or community action group.
- Lobbying for change for a specific cause.
- Volunteer treasurer or secretary for a local sporting organization e.g. cricket club.
- Board member of a services club such as RSL or a not for profit organization.
Project Based/one-off roles:
- Assisting to run a specific event e.g. school fete or open day.
- Redesigning the website for a not for profit organization.
- Volunteering to write a marketing plan for a community group.
- Participating in collecting money for an appeal e.g. Salvation Army winter appeal.
Please watch this video about Meals on Wheels volunteers.