It’s important to post regularly to keep your audience engaged and increase your brand awareness. However, some people find it hard to constantly come up with suitable content.
- Post about any new services or programs you are offering.
- Ask people to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Celebrate the work anniversary of a long standing employee.
- Tell your followers about any awards your organisation has won or important contracts they’ve obtained.
- Re-post interesting articles (ensuring they align with the goals and values of your organisation).
- Advertise events for organisations you support e.g. community days etc.
- Set up a poll (e.g. asking what program people would like to see introduced at your Neighbourhood Centre).
- Showcase any publications you have produced e.g. Annual Report.
- Celebrate successes or happy events in your work place e.g. A mufti day to raise funds for Cancer Council.
- Support charity or awareness days/events e.g. NAIDOC week.
- Advertise positions vacant or calls for expressions of interest.
- Always ensure that your content tone is suitable for your organisation.
- Never use images that you don’t own or don’t have permission to use.
- Size your images according to guidelines to ensure they display correctly.
- Think about your target audience. Is your post suitable and attractive to your target market?
- Keep a word document with content you use regularly to copy and paste into your posts (including hashtags). This will save you time and help you avoid spelling and grammatical errors.
- Check out our printable content calendar of important dates here.