Having an understanding of government procedures and knowledge of inquiries and submissions can be vitally important for community service organisations.
We encourage you to get involved in campaigns on issues that affect the community services industry.
Check out these websites for more information on campaigns and items of interest for those working in the community services sector.
Thank you taking our Australian Government Micro Course.
We invite you to sign up to the fortnightly Community Industry Group e-newsletter here. We endeavour to keep the industry up to date with the latest news, positions vacant and any issues that community service workers need to be aware of.
For more free micro courses offered by Community Industry Group click here.
We used the following resources to help create this micro-course.
- Parliamentary Education Office http://www.peo.gov.au/
- Australian Government website https://www.aph.gov.au/
- Governor-General of Australia website https://www.gg.gov.au/
- State Library of NSW https://legalanswers.sl.nsw.gov.au/hot-topics-australian-legal-system/executive
- Directory of Portfolios: https://www.directory.gov.au/portfolios
- Prime Ministers: https://primeministers.moadoph.gov.au/prime-ministers
- Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet https://pmc.gov.au/who-we-are
- Local Government https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/local-government-directory/
- Australian Local Government Association https://alga.asn.au/
- Local Government NSW https://www.lgnsw.org.au
- Australian Grant Information System https://www.grants.gov.au/
- NSW Electoral Commission https://www.elections.nsw.gov.au/
- Australian Government https://www.australia.gov.au/states
- Parliament of NSW https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Pages/home.aspx