Summary and References
Community consultation is an important tool if used correctly.
To assist you run an effective consultation remember to follow these guidelines.
- Ensure that you plan well for your session(s) including an appropriate date, time and location.
- Promote your consultation to the intended audience.
- Create an agenda for the session.
- Arrive early to ensure you have time to set up and test any technology required.
- If possible have a co-facilitator/minute taker to help record important issues so you can focus on the running of the consultation session.
- Keep records of who you have consulted.
- Let participants know about the outcomes of your consultation session.
Thank you for taking our Effective Community Consultation Micro Course.
We used the following references to compile this information: