Reasons to conduct a consultation
There are lots of reasons to conduct a consultation:
- It encourages community involvement, participation and connection to the project or organisation.
- It ensures that a project is meeting needs within the community.
- To learn ways in which a project or organisation can improve its services.
- Participants feel valued and that their skills and experience have been acknowledged.
- Information gathered through consultations can be used for organisational strategic planning processes and to create organisational goals that are based on addressing the needs of stakeholders.
- Consultation helps demonstrate to existing or prospective funding bodies that your project is achieving its goals.
- It can help organisations meet their industry standards and quality improvement requirements.