On the Day
- Have your information ready. Provide participants an information sheet outlining some background about the topic and what you are hoping to achieve, and how the information will be used. You should also give your participants an agenda for the day so they know what to expect from the session.
- If you are providing catering, make sure that this is arranged in advance and you allow yourself plenty of time to set up before your participants start arriving.
- Have a clear agenda with start and finish times as well as a break down of how the session will run to provide to participants. This will help them know what to expect.
- If you have any technology requirements for the day, make sure your venue can support this and that you are able to connect to the internet/speakers/projector. Doing a test run prior to the event will help you iron out any potential challenges.
- Make sure you are up to date with any current COVID requirements (spacing, cleaning, sanitising etc) and that your event is compliant with current public health orders.
- Arrange to have a co-facilitator or minute taker with you for the day so that you can focus on the facilitation of the session without missing out on any of the key points raised throughout the session.