Minimising blurred boundaries
It is important to take care of yourself and minimise the blurring of professional and personal boundaries.
Some strategies may include –
- schedule a regular lunch break daily to restore your energy and help manage stress. If possible go for a walk, get some fresh air, then give yourself some time to read a book or magazine
- balance periodic social breaks to chat and connect with co-workers and colleagues with uninterrupted time by yourself to focus on your days agenda and priorities
- maintain your desired work schedule without allowing others such as co-workers, employers or crisis, to compromise your ability to leave on time for the majority of the time.
- make work talk off limits during lunch breaks, as a general rule. This includes office gossip and criticism
- minimise multi-tasking each day to avoid burn out by the end of the week.