Program Design and Planning
The Community Industry Group is committed to coordinating a safe and effective mentoring program.
The CI Group Mentoring program includes the following elements that constitute a safe and effective Mentoring program:
- The need for a mentoring program in the community services sector has been identified by representatives of the Community Industry Group (CI Group). A formulated mentoring framework is to be used to guide the design and planning of a suitable mentoring program for members of CI Group. One-to-one mentoring is the type of framework the CI Group has designed. It will involve two individuals meeting in person, with options to continue via phone and electronically once a strong mentoring relationship has been established.
- CI Group Mentoring Program goals and expected outcomes for Mentors, Mentees and associated organisations have been developed and are used as a resource to guide CI Group Mentoring Program.
- Individuals to be recruited as mentors include all staff in the community sector, including volunteers and management board members.
- Mentors and Mentees will meet once per month at a minimum.
- The ‘mentoring matches’ are expected to endure for a minimum of 12 months.
- The purpose of the CI Group Mentoring Program is workforce capacity building in the not-for-profit sector plus additional purposes to be determined by the Mentor and Mentee identified in the Mentoring Agreement.
- The CI Group Mentoring Program is available to all individual and organisation members of Community Industry Group.
- Promotion of the CI Group Mentoring Program will be completed by Community Industry Group.
- Evaluation of the progress and success of the program will be managed by Community Industry Group during the initial 12 months, using an organisational and individual assessment and feedback process.
- A protocol to ensuring CI Group Mentoring Program staff regularly contact Mentors and Mentees to discuss how their relationships are going is to be coordinated by Community Industry Group.