Free Micro-Course: Prevention of Older Person Abuse
June 7, 2020
Every older person has the right to:
- Control and access their own money
- Choose to see family and friends when they want to
- Attend appointments without another person present
- Have access to clean clothing, food and their own medication
- Everyone has the right to feel safe and be treated with dignity and respect in their own home and within their community.
Unfortunately, some older people’s rights are not respected and they are not safe. This is called older person abuse.
Older person abuse is defined as a single or repeated act, or lack of appropriate action, occurring within any relationship where there is an expectation of trust which causes harm or distress to another person.
To find out more please take our free micro-course here: http://communityindustrygroup.org.au/whats-on/online-training/