July 26, 2017
Several Illawarra Forum staff members attended the annual Illawarra NAIDOC Awards held on Saturday 22 July 2017.
This inspiring event is an opportunity for communities, businesses and organisations to celebrate the contribution and achievements of Aboriginal communities in Wollongong, Shellharbour, Kiama and Shoalhaven Local Government Areas. Congratulations to all the Award winners:
- Young Achiever (Female)- Berrima Blakeney
- Young Achiever (Male)- Mark Hudson
- Worker of the Year- Kirili Saunders
- Volunteer of the Year- John Keith Williams
- Elder of the Year (Female)- Aunty Bev Armer
- Elder of the Year (Male) Uncle Ivan Ardler
- Organisation of the Year- Cullunghutti Child and Family Centre
- Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation- Djirang Dance Ensemble
We would also like to congratulate all nominees, including Joni Braham, a previous Illawarra Forum employee, who was nominated for the Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation Award.