Reconnecting after lockdown
Social connectedness is important for our mental health and wellbeing, but for a lot of people, lifting of restrictions and increasing social activities might be cause for some anxiety. We’ve developed some tips and strategies to help yourself, and those you love, ease back into socialising and rebuild social connections in a way that keeps you feeling comfortable and safe.
For a printable fact sheet click here.
To watch our short video click here.
General COVID-19 Information Sources
The Coronavirus COVID-19 has changed to the way our society operates. To help you keep up to date with the facts we have collated a list of useful resources from reputable sources.
- Managing COVID at home by Health Direct.
- Rules for COVID-19 Isolation.
- COVID-19 vaccine booking click here.
- Delivering Essential Services by the Department of Communities and Justice
- JobTrainer – for free and low cost training courses in NSW click here.
- Here’s a video of how to make a pleated facemask that has been tested by Tessa, our Project and Policy Officer.
- For the latest statistics about COVID-19 click here.
- For information from the Australian Tax Office for people and businesses affected by COVID-19 click here.
- For up-to-date and authoritative information and advice on COVID-19 for the health and aged care sector from NSW Health click here.
- For the latest Media Releases from the Australian Government click here.
- For information about keeping remote Indigenous communities safe from Coronavirus COVID-19 click here.
- For all general COVID-19 updates please see the NSW Health website here.
- For posters to put up in your workplace about Coronavirus prevention measures click here.
- NCOSS COVID-19 Community Sector Resource, click here.
- COVID-19 Assessment Clinics in NSW, click here.
- The Department of Health has released a management and operational plan that focuses on people with disability. Click here for more information.
- Click here to watch the advice provided by the AHCWA Youth Team on how to keep your mob safe from the coronavirus.
- Click here to watch this NSW Health video on how to look after your mental health during COVID-19.
- Lifeline have some tips on mental health and wellbeing here.
- NSW Health Covid Safe Toolkit
- See the Department of Communitities and Justice latest updates here.
- Beyond Blue mental health resources are available here.
- SBS is providing news and information about COVID-19 is available in many languages, click here.
- SBS has created video resources in 31 languages about the COVID-19 vaccine, click here.
- EthnoLink are community translation specialists who have put together a library of multilingual resources about Coronavirus, click here.
- Information about social distancing is available in many languages here.
- Click here for a COVID resource language list from NSW Health.
- Key points from the daily press conferences have been translated in to various languages here.