The Coronavirus COVID-19 is creating the need for changes to the way our society operates.
To help you keep up to date with the facts we have collated a list of useful resources from reputable sources:
- JobTrainer – for free and low cost training courses in NSW click here.
- How to make your organisation COVID safe, click here.
- Keeping records with QR codes click here.
- For a printable instruction sheet on how to make cloth masks click here.
- Here’s a video of how to make a pleated facemask that has been tested by Tessa, our Project and Policy Officer.
- For the latest statistics about COVID-19 click here.
- For information from the Australian Tax Office for people and businesses affected by COVID-19 click here.
- For up-to-date and authoritative information and advice on COVID-19 for the health and aged care sector from NSW Health click here.
- Dementia Australia has released four Help Sheets outlining tips for people living with dementia, carers, families and friends of people living with dementia, residential care providers and home care providers. Click here for more information.
- For the latest Media Releases from the Australian Government click here.
- Information about social distancing is available in many languages here.
- For information about keeping remote Indigenous communities safe from Coronavirus COVID-19 click here.
- For all general COVID-19 updates please see the NSW Health website here.
- For posters to put up in your workplace about Coronavirus prevention measures click here.
- For images for social media posts click here
- This 30-minute online training module covers the fundamentals of infection prevention and control for COVID-19. It is a free resource aimed at care workers. Users must register, but registration is open to anyone. Click here for more information.
- NCOSS COVID-19 Community Sector Resource, click here.
- For information on restrictions for entering aged care facilities click here.
- COVID-19 Assessment Clinics in NSW, click here.
- Redfern Legal Centre has produced a factsheet to provide an overview of NSW Police powers to enforce new social distancing and isolation orders.
- The Department of Health has released a management and operational plan that focuses on people with disability. Click here for more information.
- For some ideas on how to help not for profit organisations and individuals from Give Now click here.
- Advice for a COVID safe workplace from Institute of Community Directors click here.
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control, Guidance for Home Visits Guide.
Support for community or not for profits organisations are being offered through various COVID-19 specific grants.
Click here for to search through the database of available grants.
- SBS is providing news and information about coronavirus (COVID-19) is available below in 63 languages, click here.
- SBS has created video resources in 31 language, click here.
- EthnoLink are community translation specialists who have put together a library of multilingual resources about Coronavirus, click here.
- For multilingual information about using facemasks in various settings, see here.
- For translated information about how to safely wear facemasks, see here.
Staying Active resources from the Office of Sport
The Office of Sport has now officially launched its Staying Active webpage. Complementing the NSWIS High Performance at Home website, the Staying Active page provides practical resources developed by Office of Sport staff and linking to industry expertise in order to help keep people physically active throughout COVID-19.
The Office of Sport have also developed a dedicated Kids Activities page, with Sport and Recreation Centre staff from across the state producing some ‘School Camp at Home’ to engage kids and families over the school holidays. Resources have been developed to view online and are downloadable to share with others.